Friday, August 15, 2008

double digits

As well as yesterday being the 1st day of school, it was my oldest daughter's 10th birthday. Yay for birthdays!

Jaci Taylor was born 12 days late, at home. My hubby, my mom and a good friend with lots of home birth experience helped me labor this child into the world. Her birth was rocky but we had a good doc on the phone who talked us through some stuff and everything ended fine.

We celebrated the last ten years with a big pool party a few weeks ago. We had given Jaci a Webkinz at the end of July because it happened to be the "Pet of the Month" so she needed to get it registered before August. Her highlights were her other gift from us and I did those Monday evening. That left the gifts her sisters bought her {with their own money} to be opened yesterday before school. A bike basket and scrapbook paper. Goooood.

Our tradition has always been that the birthday celebrater gets to chose a place to eat out {or a meal for mom to cook but trust me, we usually eat out!}. Jaci wanted Applebee's. She's grown quite fond of mozzarella sticks and I'm a dumb enough mom to let her eat them for her meal. ;)

Jaci is a blessing to our family. She's cute and funny, crafty and witty, ambitious and responsible, and loves to sing and teach. She's been prophesied over that she will be in worship ministry and that she will be a little evangelist. She's a good friend and loves to bless others. I'm so proud of the beautiful young lady that God entrusted us with!

3 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Happy Birthday, Jaci! Have you tried Arby's mozzarella sticks? YUM.

Scott said...

We are also celebrating double digits here this week! Our little evangelist asked for pot roast and mashed potatos for dinner! And asparagus. Kind of makes us sound like freaks. I think mozzarella sticks sound great too. Any kind of cheese plus a deep fryer can't go wrong.

Anonymous said...

10...wow! I remember when I drove down to see the new baby girl right after I found out she had finally arrived! Sure doesn't seem like 10 years ago!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIRL!