Tuesday, June 3, 2008

the last 24 hours

Last night was Chandler's first and only 'played in' baseball game of the season. The last 3 that she could have made were rained out. So, thankfully last night the weather cleared so they could play. The next 5 or so games, we will be on the road so she won't be playing in any of those either.

Right before the game, she panicked because she had only been to 2 practices (and that was back at the beginning of the season) and she really wasn't confident in what to do. With words of encouragement from Mommy, the coach and her teammates, she headed to the field, still pretty terrified. But she did great and even slid home for a score!



Then today, since I have a whole list of things to do before we head back out on Thursday - oops tomorrow, hubby just scheduled another service tomorrow night 1 1/2 hours away. Anyways, regardless of my list, I decided to head to the zoo, 1 1/2 hours in the other direction. Besides my three girls, I had my little sister (8 yr) and Robin took her buddy. Me and 5 kids. That is a sight you aren't often to see. :)






And now, I think I'll drive off with this rig. I'm gonna need it this month!

No comments: