Wednesday, March 5, 2008

just plain weird

A few years ago, when I had three children 5 and under, I dreamed of even 20 minutes alone. It seemed like 'me time' was non-existent, as it probably was.

Today, I'm home again, though just for an hour, by myself. Mitch is still at work and the girls at an hour long after-school class at a church (not ours). This is after 2 kids were in school all day. One was at preschool for the morning. I had bible study so technically, I wasn't alone this morning. But my point is this, I never dreamed I would have so much 'alone time'. If you would have told me, in the midst of diapers and 'juicie', that I would have a quiet house with no little people chattering, in just a few short years. Honestly, I would have laughed.

Now some would say it's wrong or selfish to have the kids gone for multiple hours during the day. Some would be rejoicing at activities that keep the kids away and the house quiet. I just say, it's weird. It's not good, not bad. Just plain weird.

1 comment:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I bet! Right now I still celebrate the ten minutes I have in the car all by myself to go to the doctor. But then this morning as I was washing my face and thinking about this time next year if all four are in p.s., I started crying. Mostly because it will be WEIRD.