Thursday, October 2, 2008

raising your kids to be leaders - a good book

Braggin' on my kid - because that's what THIS blog is for. ;)

Jaci got invited to an all-day Leadership Seminar at a local college! And that's because she's on Student Council this year which I don't believe I've blogged about but it's a pretty good story.

If you want to be on Student Council, you write a small speech and give it to your class - then they vote. In 3rd grade, she did that {very nervously} and was heart-broken when she didn't win. In 4th grade, we talked her in to trying again but she ended up being sick at home the day they gave their speeches. THIS year, she came home one day and said "I made Student Council". Wow, we didn't even know the vote was coming up or that she was getting a speech ready. You go girlfriend!

Anyways, her leadership qualities are maturing and being noticed. I'm very proud of my girl!

2 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Yeah!! :) How funny she didn't even mention it. :)

I was so bummed for Cassie b/c this was her only year to try. :( She seems fine today and her teacher is creating a "classroom council" for those who tried but didn't make it. They'll plan the class parties, do extra jobs, etc. I thought that was a great idea! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's all I got...WOW!