Friday, September 12, 2008

it's a bumpy road, but someone has to travel it

Yesterday was a pretty bumpy day. I won't go into all the details, but when I heard the prophetic word that was spoken over my husband while he was away last night, I thought, "wow, this must be why we were battling hell here".

ONE of the many little bumps in the day was finding out from Jaci that Robin had written her name, IN PEN, on one of my couch pillows. I thought she was joking. Uh, no.

Can someone tell me WHY a 5 year old, who has NEVER done anything as permanent as this in her toddler life, chooses to do it now? She was disciplined, without a crack of a smile from me. Later though, I smiled as I thought how we will most certainly laugh at this in 10 or 20 years. Mainly because she told me the reason she did it is so people would know that it's ours. Huh? Whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like something my BOYS would do!